Abdo Zoom Biographies Database: 1-year subscription
With 160 compelling biographies to choose from, young readers will learn about the lives of important people and their contributions. Each biography is broken down into easy-to-read, chronological sections, focusing on each person’s impact, early life, rise to fame, breakthrough, legacy, and more. Enjoy a diverse list of important figures from yesterday and today, including inventors, explorers, entertainers, athletes and activists. Features: Activities for further learning, Audio, Correlations, Detailed maps, Handouts, Online learning supplement, Teaching guides, and Video, content correlated to national curriculums, Leveled text, Highlighted glossary terms, Maps, Games, Printables, Videos, and Teacher Resources.
This primary-level online encyclopedia caters precisely to the needs of a young beginning reading audience seeking a reliable research resource. As part of the site’s design process, ABDO consulted regularly with a content expert and former long-time elementary science teacher. With his guidance, ABDO combined essential school curriculum content with innovative digital technology to provide the ultimate interactive learning experience. The end result works to build student confidence in navigating a dynamic online environment independently as well as their developing research and reading skills. All of which are proven to facilitate long-term student success.
“Intuitive, easy navigation along with a bright, fun design makes exploring factual information more of an adventure for kids,” says BreAnn Rumsch, Marketing & Communications Manager at ABDO. Adds ABDO Editor-in-Chief Paul Abdo, “The Internet can be a great source for exploring ideas . . . but we all know there are pitfalls along the way as well. Abdo Zoom offers a safe online environment through which students can avoid the junk on the Web and access only relevant, appropriate content from current, credible sources.”
Better Features = Better Learning
• Tabs on each content page organize information into digestible topics
• High-quality educational videos for each animal
• Built-in literacy tools, such as read-along audio and text highlighting
• Zoom In section lets learners discover featured facts, statistics, maps, and more
• Filtering options and simple keyword search make navigation easy
• Content correlated to national curriculums and reviewed by educational consultants.
• Controlled and safe online environment, regularly monitored for young users
• Compatible with your Abdo Digital Bookshelf.